Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Photo Tip - What is the one thing that cannot miss from my camera bag?

Everyone has a favourite thing in their camera bag, some have that special lenses, others love their tripod. For me, the one thing that can never be missing from my camera bag is my pair of knee pads.


I know, it does not sound like a must have, but they really are important for me. A couple of years ago I was attending a workshop and in the instructions there was a suggestion of knee pads for close up shots. I laughed at it and decided to bring my volleyball ones underneath my pants. But they started to bug my legs after a while since they were tight and made it hard to stay for a long period of time on my knees. So I abandoned the idea.


Until the next spring came and while shopping at a Dollar Store I saw the gardening knee pads. I knew for the first minute that I saw them, that we would be BFF. lol


The gardening type is perfect for photographers. They are very light, they attach on top of the pants, and they have just a light elastic band with velcro that attach to the back of your knees. And the best of all, they protect not only your knees but also your pants! 


It might be because I am too tall, or just because I really love the low perspective for landscapes, but I found I am most of the time kneeling down to take images, many times even lying down on the ground. With the knee pads, my hiking pants do not have mud marks or tears on the knees and my own knees do not have scratches. It is a match made in heaven.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment