Thursday, March 24, 2011

A new passion



Nobody needs to worry, photography is still my passion. But within photography I have always enjoyed the most to photograph landscape, aka, non moving things! 


Lately thou, I am enchanted with something new. It might be because it is all over the place, or because it is up, down and through mountains. And the best of all, it does not depend on weather.


You have probably guessed by now, trains are my new passion since they are a trademark in all corners of Switzerland. They come in all colours and sizes. They roll through fields and vineyards. They pass close to monuments. They are in people's backyards. They take you in mountain inclines that seemed impossible. They never stop rain or shine. Sometimes they go slow, sometimes they go really fast. And, they are part of the scenery or better yet, they enhance the scenery.


Image 1 - Train through vineyards with Chateau du Cloitre in the background


So now, instead of just taking in the non-moving landscape, I have incorporated the moving trains in some images. Well, I should say that in more than just some. The other day I have noticed that in one morning I had shot three different trains scenes. It does not mean that all of images work well, but I keep trying to find the perfect composition to have my new passion in it. 


Be aware, there will be more and more images of trains in the future posts, or at least until I find a new passion to replace them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment