Monday, April 18, 2011

Expanding scope


I have great news, the scope of the blog is being expanded! Hooray! 


When I first decided to start this informational blog, my objective was to share with other photographers my knowledge of places to photograph in Switzerland. Then, after some posts, I have decided to include some photo tips. These are learnings that I've had in the past couple of years photographing as an enthusiastic around the world. I don't claim to be an expert, I still have lots and lots to learn, that's why I always recommend joining local photo clubs. Other photographers, speakers, and image critiquing are the best way of learning. Off topic, I just decided to reorganize my flickr account and was able to review the evolution of the quality of my images during the past 4 years, it is an experience that puts into perspective where you were and where you are going with your work.


Okay, back to topic! After the tips, I have started writing some short stories that are somehow related to photography or to my adventures while photographing.


Now comes the news, for 3 weeks - from mid April to beginning of May - I will be traveling and photographing other parts of Europe. Hooray again! 

I will be traveling for 10 days with John and our dog Scarlett through south Germany and parts of France. Even though it is a trip focused on relaxing as a family, I know I will get some photography time. I always find a way - even if it means waking up for sunrise while the two get their beauty sleep! Then, John and Scarlett will come back to Lausanne, while I drive through Belgium to meet up with my great friend and exceptional photographer Kat Lovasi in the Netherlands. We have so many places that we want to hit in the area that we will probably not sleep at all. 


From the Netherlands we drive back to Switzerland where we will together explore some of the places that I have already been and some new ones as well. Until we leave for Paris for a mix of photo and relaxing trip. 


Wow! It will be a busy period! Trying to keep up with photographing, image processing, text writing, relaxing, and still enjoying each location. I am sure I can handle it all! It is a nice problem to have in hand, right?


So, I will have to ask you to be patient. The posts might slow down a little for the next 3 weeks. I will try my best to keep up with posting in between locations. The main issue is processing all the images that I am sure will be way too many. We are so excited about this trip. I am sure that we will visit some very nice locations. Oh, I will try to convince Kat to be my guest blogger as well. Her images are fantastic and if her writing is as good as her story telling while we get lost getting to places, you will all have a blast!


Stay tuned for the upcoming adventures.

2 comments:

  1. No pressures at my end, now I'm not only supposed to produce beautiful pictures but be an excellent writer too;)
    C'est la vie, as we'll say, once we arrive in Paris.
    Meanwhile a continued great time for you and John and Scarlett on your holiday together, as you experience new, exciting and beautiful places together!
    Only a week before I polish off my gear, fire up my engines and meet you at our exciting starting line...then off to to the races!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa viagem e boas fotos, Dani. A Alemanha tem lugares incríveis. Aproveite e tire fotos lindas para nos mostrar aqui. beijos

    ReplyDelete