Monday, July 4, 2011

Guest Blogger - My sister Andrea Negreda


When I finally started packing to come to Switzerland to visit my sister last June 15, I definitely had the camera in my list. However, I wondered whether I should bring the semi-professional Canon G11 that my husband loves and uses beautifully whenever we travel, which would require a crash course on some of the features it has available, or our automatic jack-of-all trades and efficient Sony Cyber-Shot, which I can usually deal with without major difficulties.

Being the sister of an aspiring photographer and blogger, who takes the time to travel around photographing the country and writing about picture-taking and the places themselves, I obviously preferred to stick to my easy and handy option: the automatic camera. Light-weighted, small and reliable, I thought I would use it now and then for shots I chose myself and as a backup, sure that this time my photo album would be perfectly balanced, without any excluded feet, twisted images or illogical positions, thanks to the fact that I was “riding with the camera queen”.

To my surprise, for the whole time we were together - herself, our mom and me, she decided she would go on vacation as well – from photographing! And there were we taking all pictures with my automatic 7.2 mega pixel camera instead, trying to choose between focusing the background or ourselves, the incredible landscape or the souvenirs we would like to keep forever.
Image 1 - The Negreda's in Montreux

The most difficult part was to photograph the breathtaking landscapes from the mountains – trying to capture the images from the lake, the houses built on the mountains, the luxurious green, the natural relief, and even the snowed mountain tops, all in one single shot. I guess this is not an easy task even for professional photographers that spend time adjusting the camera settings and waiting for the right light to shed, let alone simple travelers marveled at every single thing they see.
Image 2 - Lauterbrunnen

Image 3 - Lavaux Terraces

After all, when I got back home and started to go through the pictures, I was not disappointed at all – yes, there are still pictures where we can only see part of our heads, or some where we cannot clearly see the forest for the trees, but in my opinion we have managed to gather all it takes to have the perfect photos: wonderful landscapes, a relaxing and pleasant atmosphere and above all, precious moments to cherish.
Image 4 - Gruyere

Image 5 - Bern

Image 6 - View of Montreux from Caux

Sis, hope your readers can enjoy some of our “masterpieces”.

Love,

Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you'll keep them forever! Thanks for sharing such fascinating beauty!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and excellent pictures! I am now wishing I was back there again enjoying all that beauty and capturing more images with Daniela! There is so much I never had a chance to see which I now see in all your great images :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I studied in Montreux for one year, so it was great to see the place in your photos....good article as well. Congrats...Vivian

    ReplyDelete